Directors & Officers can be held responsible for health and safety, data protection, fraud and more.
Directors and Officers liability insurance protects company directors, other senior executives or managers, officers of charities, boards or committees from certain personal liabilities which may be incurred as a result of their personal negligence, default, breach of duty or trust.
Directors and Officers liability insurance pays legal defence costs and where appropriate, claims arising from actions or decisions taken while managing the business and any final settlement or compensation award in actions bought by shareholders, employees, customers, suppliers or anyone else mounting a claim against the directors.
Why you should consider it:
- EU directives and other increasing regulations can result in more actions brought against directors of companies
- Deals with issues not covered by limited liability status (not applicable to directors personal assests)
- Covers legal expenses where a successful defence is unlikely
Policy features can include:
- Legal representation
- Claims for damages, judgements or settlements
- Defending actions between directors of the same company
- Defending employment related wrongful acts
- Tax contributions due after a company has become insolvent and liability ensues
- Extradition proceedings
Tel: 01934 623 656