Internet Liability Insurance gives cover across the gap common in many standard insurance poolicies when it comes to online protection from the use of email, internet and IT networks’ abuse and misuse.
It is recommended for any computer based business with an internet presence that sends and receives information by email, downloads documents or holds personal and sensitive data.
Why you should consider it:
- Provides specialist protection often not covered in general liability policies
- Protects your financial interests against risks associated with a high profile online presence, even if a claim is invalid
- Minimises the disruption to your business
Policy features can include:
- Content on your website or blog that defames or libels a third party
- System damage caused by viruses or malware you may have unknowingly transmitted via email or the internet
- Staff misuse of company email (for which you are responsible)
- Unknowingly passing off copyright or trademarks
- False attribution of authority
- Breach of confidentiality
- Financial losses caused by the failure of a company website, collapse of your internet provider, or the work of computer hackers
- Provides peace-of-mind security
Tel: 01934 623 656